Venturelounge is a way to dig into a topic totally interactively.
A facilitator will lead a discussion about a topic – anything related to tech/entrepreneurship/startups. This is not one of those one-sided events where someone talks at you. It’s hands-on, gritty, real. This is where all that class participation practice from college will come in handy. Share your own experiences, ask your questions, and learn a whole lot.
Topic: Bitcoins and the decentralized Internet
Here are some of the potential discussion topics – come, and decide where the conversation goes.
- Bitcoin — what it is, how it works, and why it’s interesting
- The decentralized internet
- Blockchain: Where the real innovation is occurring
- “Bitcoin 2.0” – Ethereum, MaidSafe, Bitshares, Mastercoin
- Bitcoin in PHL — A discussion on bitcoin relative to Philadelphia’s economy
- Where do we go from here
Facilitator: Mike Tannenbaum, bitcoin enthusiast